Friday, September 23, 2016

Book Review #5: Collecting the Dead

This book is so angsty.

"She had small feet.
"I say she had small feet because to say she has small feet would imply that she's still alive. She isn't. I know. I always know. It's my special ability, my burden, my curse."
"Steps" is a tracker for the FBI. He has a special gift, acquired when he was a small boy, that he must keep secret from everyone he works with. He can see people's shine, the glow unique to each person that they leave behind when they touch something. He can sense someone's life force through the shine, and has saved the lives of many people, but he is haunted by the ones he can't save.

Image credit Goodreads
If you like Elizabeth George, but with fewer female characters, you'll probably like this one. If you wish Psych got a dark gritty reboot, read this book. It's very well written compared to your normal thriller, so even though I'm rolling my eyes at its Sin City vibes, it's a totally decent read. And yeah, I'll be reading the sequel when it comes out.

Collecting the Dead, a novel by Spencer Kope. Published 2016 by Minotaur Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment